In order to reduce the risk of getting shock in wet areas of your home, Frank Gay Services team suggest you replace your old outlet with new GFCI outlet.
Here are instructions that we adapted from DIYnetwork to show you how to install a GFCI outlet. Please remember that we do not suggest you tackling this task yourself, you should always hire a professional as it can be dangerous. Link from DIYnetwork
- Before you begin, make sure you go to the circuit breaker box of the house and turn of the power.
- An additional note to be aware off is that if the current electrical box is too small to handle the new GFCI outlet, then you would need to call a licensed electricians from Frank Gay Services to perform the install for you.
- Next you will need to remove the outlet cover plate and the screws holding the outlet in place.
- To insure your safety, test the outlet with a circuit tester to make sure that the power is no longer on.
- Next you will separate the wire from the box into two pairs. remember that one set will be the power supply and the secondary set will be used to carry power to additional outlets.
- After separating the wires use the circuit tester to determine which set of wires carries the power and which one carries power to the next outlet.
- After testing, switch the power off.
- After you turn off the power, connect the wires terminal the correct section. Connect the load to the load section and the power supply line to the line section. There is a ground cable that needs to be connected. Be sure to connect that wire so tat electrical power can be grounded.
- Next replace the outlet into the wall and replace the cover plate.
- Time to test your work. Please turn the power back on and test the outlet.
- Press the black or blue button, and if the device that you plug in turns off that means the outlet is working.
- Reset the outlet by pressing the red button
Different Type Of Electrical Services We Provide For Clients In Florida
Why Frank Gay Services?
Family owned and operated business
- FGS has been serving Orlando areas since 1970s. Our company is committed to providing above and beyond electrical services for residential spaces as well as commercial, industrial, and construction businesses. Because of the years of experiences and an awesome supportive team of electricians, we are able to offer great service, high quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
Team of electrician qualities and characteristic
- Punctual, professional, and courteous
- Experienced and knowledgeable
- Trained to solve any electrical issue or problem
- Excellent troubleshooter
- Fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic tools and parts
- Commercial and residential trained and certify skilled electricians
Call Us Today | Open 24/7 | All Electrical Emergency
Ceiling Fan Installed
Very Fast Installation
Frank Gay Electrical Services Of Florida
Below is a list of areas we service in Central Florida. We also service Tampa and Daytona Beach.
- Frank Gay Services
- 6206 Forest City Road
- Orlando, Florida 32810
- (407) 293-2642